Jupiter Jan 9th Auto Flextube Dob 250

Space Cowboy

and final question, before I let this thread get back to talking about how good your picture is !

Does the alt/az synscan handset plug straight into the same socket as the flextube handset, or am I going to need more cables?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the synscan cable fits into the same socket as the auto track but sadly the hand control does not fit the holder on the mount though you can leave it on the mount base as the cable is much longer than the auto track (that cable is way too short).

The more questions you ask the longer this thread stays fresh and the more people can admire my image so I'm not fussed :D

Cheers Chris! :D

Forgot to mention something else that has affected tracking....sorry if this is a personal question but have you adjusted your Alt nut? Mine went slack and the gears were slipping so I tightened the nut half a turn. I understand some folk have a slack nut but use a counter-weight to balance the OTA.

Archived