Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera focusing help

When I put my spc900, with the screw in eye piece into my scope it does not show anything. I pointed my scope directly at a street light, i could see it in my eye piece obviously.

When I put in my camera as I was putting it into the focuser on my scope I could see the light on my laptop screen but when it was fully in the screen was black. I guess that the image is not getting onto the chip in the camera but how can i change this?

I had a fiddle around with it, seems that I can get an image on screen if I hold the camera outside the focuser but once the adaptor is in the scope i cant find the image at all.

measure the approximate distance you need to hold the camera away from scope toget a focus and then buy an extension tube of a similar length. Probably worth doing it with the focusing tube racked about half way in so you have some adjustment with the extension tube fitted.

You think it could be distance? My feeling was that it wasn't centred properly. But I will have a look into the distance, thanks :)
Use the centre of a toilet roll to act as a extension tube to block out the ambient light, that will give you a good idea about what's happening

Archived