NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any Advice please guys???

MoonMadAsh

hi my name is ashley,

im new to stargazing and im really wanting to buy a telescope i have been looking arround for something in my price range and still have not found anthing decent

one thing that has caught my eye is the

celestron nightseeker SE 8" ??

is this a good telescope to start with ?

many thanks guys :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why don't you tell us about what you hope to see with it and the sort of price you have in mind. wether you need portability to take to a dark site or wether its going in your back garden and I am sure you will have lots of suggestions to choose from

post at the same time there.

well, lets see

anything thats classed a slow scope is good ie F10

maksutovs are good or a refractor telescope, an SCT ......

have you had a look at the first light optics site yet? (tab at top of page)

hope you dont mind but im going to plug reflectors

i have one, the TAL 150P on EQ mount, it is a fast scope (f5) but to me it is the best all-rounder.

you could get a good size dob and some fine EPs for your budget

are you wanting to take pictures or just wanting to have a looksie?

well to start with i justr wanna look ya know.

eventually ima get a laptop and webcan eye peice everyone is raving about and hook it up to a gps program of sum sort ?

i just dnt know i am brand new i have no idea wich planet it wich this is why im here wooo

i want a bit of everything lol who dosent i just dont want to go to a shop and be taken advantage of with the wad of cash i got im very like a blonde when it comes to money.i see ur from wakey nicnac fellow nothern lad

i think if i were in your shoes and just after a bit of a looksie to start, i wouldnt be blowing lots of cash, spend a bit, ease yourself into the hobby and move on from there when the time is right but the choice is your in the end

hello ashley and welcome. the nexstars are a fine range of telescopes excellent optics and pretty good goto's 8 inches is a pretty decent apparture for just about anything. this type of scope is called an sct its main advantage is that it has a short tube hence ita a little easier to fit in a car etc but its still heavy it has a long focal length so its not great for imaging unless you get bits for it and because of its long focal length it doesn't give as wide a view of the sky. but those disadvantages aside it is a very good scope the optics when collimated are wonderful its cheaper than a refractor of the same size it holds its collimation better than a newtonian and is more compact if these are the sort of things youre looking for in a scope this is one of the best out there. Can I say though with the sort of budget you are talking about you have lots of options and you need to think about what you want to do with your scope all scope designs have strengths and weaknesses and how you intend to use it should direct you in what sort of scope to get imaging requires a very good mount, visual requires big apparture . the problem with this type of scope is it does most things well but its not great at anything

Hi ash, for £2000 you will have plenty of choice, you have certainly come to the right place for help and advice.

No trouble viewing tha Moon or Planets with any scope although a decent size aperture say around 6" is probably a good thing if you have light pollution that we all seem to have. :D

Good luck with your choice, welcome to the forum! :)

Alan

thank u guys so much im just in one of them places right now,i watched this stargazing live and was amazed i mean in ore amazed i wanted it streight away i really wanna get going with this i have no clue what to do or who to talk to or even were to start so all is very much appreciated ur all so kind just wish i could have someone come with me lol im joining a stargazing club next month also www.cnaag.com thay have been a part of this tv show,i guess im like a puppy in a treat shop i want it now but dont know what to do i spose lol .

but i love it !! hahaha

@nicnac,

im not worried about cash mate it really dont mean a damn thing to me if i get enjoyment out of this then money well spent just hope i dont drop the boot on it haha eeek id get a wooping from the missus

Archived