First Light Optics

Hi does anyone know if FLO has a shop to visit, Im struggling on a first scope to buy and being a bit slow have just realised that they are about 30-40 mins from me lol, And believe me 30-40 mins to get anywhere is close here. I know I can speak to them via phone I just would like to see some scopes in the flesh to possibly make my decision easier.

Thanks

Sean.

Hi Sean, Flo. have premises, but it isn't a shop as such.

Their website, which can be accessed via the link at the top the pages of SGL, feature all the equipment they supply, and quickly too. However, you can ring them anytime, and discuss your needs, and you will their knowledge very good in all areas.

Ron.

It's Astrofest in London in February. Perhaps if you live near, you can visit. It's in Kensington Town Hall, and lots of SGL members will be there, most of them on the Saturday I would guess. Steve from Flo.is sure to be there, but not in a dealer capacity.

Loads of superb equipment to be seen, and some great lectures too.

I know it's a long shot, but I thought I'd mention it in case you may be interested. I suspect you are in a fair hurry, and want a scope as soon as possible though.:eek:

Ron.

Thanks Barkis, I live on exmoor so probably wouldnt make it to London :-( , Im not rushing this as I want to get it right first time. Ive bought "turn left at orion" and am having a really enjoyable read and am amazed by what can be seen with a smallish scope, I would buy a Dob as with a budget of £400 maxish I was advised on the say hello thread that these offer the best bang for your buck but I do like the idea of a bit of basic astro photography hence wanting to have a look at some beasties to see if I can be persuaded to put that on hold by the bigger aperture of the Dobs lol.

I spoke to Steve at First Light Optics this morning, What a helpful patient guy. After a brief chat he helped me decide that the Nexstar 127 SLT would be my best bet and even said that I could return it if I wasnt satisfied...Now thats service, Im too old to be this excited lol.

I spoke to Steve at First Light Optics this morning, What a helpful patient guy. After a brief chat he helped me decide that the Nexstar 127 SLT would be my best bet and even said that I could return it if I wasnt satisfied...Now thats service, Im too old to be this excited lol.

No your not. I'm 73 and I still get a buzz from any new astro gear, however large or small it is, in both size or price. :eek::D

You won't find better service than Flo. gives. There are a few good dealers, but Steve's outfit take some surpassing.

Ron.

Archived