My new purchase ......

In 18 months of use I never had a problem with rotating the tube...

...or alignment - if it's slightly out, centre the star and press the esc button for two seconds :)

I will give it another try but it still seems like a lot of messing around tightening and loosening rings, spinning tubes and re-centering alignment. It would be nice not having to fumble around in the dark trying not to fall of steps. Is the ESC the same procedure on a CG5-GT ??

I'm still dubious that a beginner with a 2.37Kg 250PDS on a larger than life EQ6 under the dark/red light of the night will find it much fun but have I've been proved wrong before.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is the EQ6 mount , more pictures to follow of the Explorer at the weekend

IMG-20110105-00033.jpg

Looks like your not short a few bob yourself supercharged...... I had the same pair of custom made curtains but in red & gold and they weren't cheap. Wish I still had that kind of money :) They say money goes to money so there's no suprise you stumbled across such a good deal. It is said to be good kamma from a previous life so good luck with your new setup.:D

You Still want an USB to RS-232 adaptor ...

Its no only the plug that changes also the signaling...

If you want one thats guaranteed to work then try Astronomiser...

Astronomiser - Automated Astronomy and AstroImaging Solutions ASTSeUSB is the one you want

Billy...

Thanks Billy.................

I have spoken to Andy Astronomiser and he will send me one.

Big thanks again !

Looks like your not short a few bob yourself supercharged...... I had the same pair of custom made curtains but in red & gold and they weren't cheap. Wish I still had that kind of money :) They say money goes to money so there's no suprise you stumbled across such a good deal. It is said to be good kamma from a previous life so good luck with your new setup.:D

Space Boy .... Stopping anaylizing more wifes curtains lol

Good observation though .

I'm just humble Architect !

Let's hope I can work the damn thing, I'm not allowed to use until Sunday as it's my birthday then . Bought a power pack from Maplins today fir £30

Let's hope I can work the damn thing, I'm not allowed to use until Sunday as it's my birthday then . Bought a power pack from Maplins today fir £30

I'm sure you will get the hang of it but it can be frustrating if you have to set it up every time. Polar aligning then star aligning balancing the OTA etc etc... I know it's early days but have you considered an observatory?? It's not like you will need an upgrade for a while. There are plenty of threads on SGL with some awesome obsy builds by other members.

Archived