woohoo - my telescope is ordered from FLO

After reading numerous reviews, threads on here, manufacturer and supplier websites I've finally took a bit of a bigger plunge than intended.

In the end I liked the idea of a refractors low maintenance and there were some really good reviews of them and so I went for a Skywatcher Evostar 100ED DS-Pro outfit on an EQ5 Pro Goto mount.

Whilst this is a bit more than I wanted to spend I figured that it would be a bit future-proof with the mount and the fact it comes with an aluminium case, finder scope and so on are really attractive to me.

Wish me luck, can't wait to write my "first light" report :-)

ta,

Matt

congratulations from me too that's a great telescope. and i almost went and ordered the same one myself a bit earlier this evening after a lot of hours on end trying to decide which to go for and and kept changing my mind every hour doing the same as you it gave me such a bad headache :eek: trying to decide which to go for but in the end i eventually went for this one instead.

Skywatcher Equinox 120 Apo Pro cant wait for it to arrive sometime this week it's so exciting :):hello2:

Regards Rob

I went through the same decision-making process as you a few months ago and came up with the same combination of scope and mount (although minus goto).

At this price point, I think it's exceptional. Optically, it's as impressive as the reviews suggest. Even the focuser, which initially looks like the biggest compromise on the scope, has turned out to be more robust and adjustable than I thought.

The best thing about this sort of set- up is that it can be up and ready to go in 10-20 mins. In the UK climate that's incredibly important. It won't see through the clouds, unfortunately, but it is well suited to exploit any gaps.

Tim

Well done! I have been contemplating one of these after missing one on eBay several months ago (I'm a bit slow when it comes to spending money!). Be interested to see your first light report, assuming we get some half decent weather!

Archived