Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Canon image

Russell.D71

Hi Russell,

I have recently got my hands on a EOS 450D and would like to take a few similar images and I would appreciate some advice on what lens size to use and what camera settings would be best such as app size, shutter speed, ISO etc. I currently have an EFS 18-55 and an EFS 55-250 lens both with IS.

Best Regards

Tony

Hi Tony, I've had my camera for a couple of months now, so it's quite new to me. The image l posted was taken on the 14th December at about 5.30pm. I took this through my telescope, ETX125, replacing the EFS 18-55 lens with a T ring and a T adaptor. I am experimenting with different settings but for this image the shutter speed was 1/50th ISO400. I still have a lot to learn about this imaging.

All the best Russell

Hi Russell,

Many thanks for that.

I am still desciding what scope to go for as I am torn between GoTo technology over aperture, however, whatever I choose will have a T adaptor.

I have been looking at both the Nexstar 5SE and an 8" Dob with tracking. The Dob is cheaper with a larger aperture but the SE has the advantage of GoTo! I am also unsure about the suitability of the mount as I have been told that for decent AP I will be best with a GEM but my two shortlisted items are both AltAz? I didn't realise that it would be this difficult to decide!

Thanks again.

Best Regards

Tony

Archived