NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synta eyepieces

Are Synta EP's any good? I have found a couple for a very good price, whats everybody's thoughts? The current EP's I have were very cheap around £35 for 5 of them!! I am wondering if these would be better quality?

post-13107-133877325189_thumb.jpg

post-13107-133877325191_thumb.jpg

For about the same price you can get Plossls which are significantly better than the Kellners. If you dont have many eyepieces (or all the ones you have are poor quality) you might be interested in investing in an eyepiece set. For £99 you get a whole host of useful plossls, filters, barlows and a metal case to keep them all in.

Steve at first light optics can point you in the right direction im sure

To be honest unless you are SERIOUSLY strapped for cash I would save your pennies and have a think about what eyepieces you want. I own 4 eyepieces that I use, and have slowly upgraded those 4 to decent ones. Rather than just buying an eyepiece based on price you are better off deciding which eyepiece you want and saving for that piece. You can buy a hundred cheapo eyepieces and not be happy with any of them, or you can spend £50 on 1 and it last you a life time of observing.

Yeah good point :D I am looking for a high power EP for viewing Saturn and Jupiter when it comes round. I do have a 6mm Plossl but am unsure of its quality. I have also got a 3X Televu Barlow so would like something good to go with it!

I will have a dig around for ortho's then

Telescope House are doing 4mm and 5mm Ortho's for £29.99 apiece in their clearance section. I think they are made at the same factory as University Optics Ortho's so they are probably good.

John.

Archived