Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

another post about EP's

Hi there, looking to upgrade my current EP's now I've got a little more cash.

I was originally thinking the revelation EP set as it seems a good offer but does anyone else have any recs?

I have the TAL 7.5mm and my 15mm EP I bought I like a lot. Totally looking to get rid of my 40mm Meade EP and the 25mm and 10mm that came with the scope (Skymax 127). I also see that Warehouse Express have some TAL's which I know get good reviews.

Think I asked this question ages ago but I am too confused!!!

The Revelation (GSO) Plossl's aren't going to beat the Tal's, which means you are better off just adding a couple of eyepieces to pad out the Tal's, rather than a whole set of eyepieces. All depends on the budget though. A couple of Televue Plossls would be very nice but they are £65 a pop. The Antares and Skywatcher Super Plossls are the same spec as the Revelation. You could add the 32mm and 10mm.

There are also various widefield options around which would allow you to observe at a higher power but still maintain a decent field of view. The cheaper ones aren't recommended for faster Newtonian scopes but work well in slower scopes like your Mak. They cost about the same as the Plossls, ie approx £25-30 each.

Archived