Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nearly full Turkish Delight

CH

Humour me I'm a simpleton, what is ejecta ? I'd guess that it is rubbish that's thrown out from a meteor hit but ,having looked at the moon that closely for the first time, I'd have to ask why are there several ? around one crater

Ejecta is debris thrown out of an impact crater. It goes out in all directions, regardless of the angle the impacting object strikes, but the shape of the crater and amount in one direction or another will more or less indicate the direction from whence the impactor came. The "rays" from Tycho are very clear because it's a relatively new crater and not covered by more recent impacts.

In Photoshop, open the image and use the curves tool to manipulate how the light and dark portions of the image are mapped to the final image. In this case I made the curve shallow on the left hand side and steeper towards the right. A final tweak with the shadow / highlights to adjust the highlights and it was done.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Archived