Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Watch out, shorter nights ahead....

Tim

Winter solstice tonight :hello2:

Doesn't seem a minute since the last one, and yet here we are, a full solar year later. We'll soon be complaining about the short nights no doubt :p

Actually, the long range forecast for January is looking quite positive, but it wouldn't take many clear nights for 2011 to have more than 2011 :)

Oh noooo!!!

It seems I have wasted half of the precious winter nights, I must've had 5 or so sessions in the last month and now the nights are getting shorter already :)

Can't we just keep the Earth sat here for a while so we can keep this longest night until the sky finally clears?

Funny how quickly it comes around... on the one hand, you mourn the loss of the night but on the other, frankly, I like seeing the Sun LOL

I used to work nights in England, from 9pm to 6:30am. During the Summer I only saw the night during my "lunch" at 1am. On a couple of occasions I went to bed at 4am and woke up at 5:3am in daylight and unable to get back to sleep again. Trying to get through the day on 90 minutes of sleep is NOT fun LOL

During the winter, I wouldn't see daylight at all. I would get home at 7am, in darkness. I would go to bed shortly after and get up at about 4pm - again, in darkness. It was actually pretty depressing LOL

Archived