Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

200mm FL on the way.

Having enjoyed good results with a Samyang 85 lens on our Atik 4000s I have ordered a second hand Canon EF200 lens to bridge the gap between 85 and the 328mm of the Takahashi FSQ85 reduced. There seem to be lots of targets for this combination. A nice fit for Simeis 149, Rosette to Cone inclusive in 2 panels, Full belt and sword of Orion in 2. Wide Pleiades. Multiple Milky Way nebulae in the summer.... I think it might a prove popular choice.

Also anyone coming along with a Canon DSLR can use it directly on their camera, which would be good. I don't use a DSLR on the sky but maybe I should now that I have two useful lenses?

Olly

Hi Olly,

I have a Canon EF 200mm f/2.8 L II usm lens of my own and it works just wonderfully on my modified Canon EOS 450D. This is the field of view of this combination. The lens can be used at f/2.8 but suffers a tiny little bit at the edges. I therefore use this lens at f/3.2, which works just fine.

5017254168_23c273c066_b.jpg

Peter

• 1 month later...

Archived