Canon 1000d dSLR

Richard, ok... on that basis, the 50mm prime probably isn't the best first lens for you, a wider angle may be a better bet, so the IS kit lens would be good. Or I did spot someone selling the non IS one on here for £30 earlier. You can mount the camera and either lens on the EQ1 directly without the ST102 and you should be good for 2 to 3 minute exposures, and that'll net you some decent images, but they will be widefield. However, it's all very good experience at capture and processing, for later when you have upgraded the kit. :)

And now the bad news... Photography is expensive... Astrophotography can get... well astronomically expensive :) (sorry couldn't resist)... it needn't get too mad though... I'd go with either of the two lenses we've been talking about, get an adapter to allow you to put the 1000d on the eq1 and start there.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a sigma 28-300 which is excellent except the zoom ring doesn't engage so you need to push and pull to change zoom, other than that all good and af works perfectly, just thinking about getting round to selling as I have too many lenses. Could make me an offer:)

Archived