NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD pad control issues

Well im cheesed of today, the weatherman said it was going to be clear so i set up, first time in ages.

(Xbox 360 wired controller)

Everything was going well a little cloud passing over now and then, the Moon was looking a promising early target, I started up CdC got it to control the scope and slew to the moon, I knew it was going to be off as a) no polar alignment yet :) first slew even if polar aligned is never accurate.

Grab pad to centre the moon..... no response, even though I had tested it earlier.

The Pad had calibrated fine, and was moving the scope around earlier, the pad works perfectly fine on my 360 and PC, its connected via a USB to Network to USB Hub, and again calibrates fine and was moving the scope around.

After this the pad just would not work reliably, even a complete power off all equipment reboot, and still dodgy response sometimes no response whatsoever I have double checked that the Pad is working in both a 360 and a PC.

Im confused any ideas?

I've had occasion were my pc wireless gamepad losses contact with EQMOD. I've sometimes got it to work by sending a re-initialise command from EQMOD, sometimes just power cycling the gamepad on/off button. If it auto powers off it loses connection, so I leave a usb cable plugged into it just so it doesn't power off. Bit pointless having a wireless gamepad really!

Know a guy with the Logitech RP2. He told me a story exactly like yours. The problem was dew. He had to open the thing up and clean a filmy substance off most of the contacts. Worked like new after that. Try to keep it in a box or something when you're outside and not actually using it.

Archived