Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Electric focuser to 80mm scope?

daz

Has anyone coupled an electric focuser to an 80mm (mine's a revelation, but I suspect the same issues are the same regardless).

I have a dovetail bar to which the scopes is mounted via rings. The bar extends down to the focuser and I have had the dovetail modified to trim off the lips top and bottom to leave a flat area to bolt something onto. My problem (and bear in mind I am NO engineer!!) is getting something to mount the focuser onto, which then mounts onto the dovetail.

It needs to be some sort of right-angled thing, but adjustable horizontally and vertically. This is perhaps difficult for me to explain without pictures, but hopefully someone gets the gist!

Unless anyone knows of a standard product that does this???

I think skywatcher list one that mounts to a screw underneath the draw tube.. its worth checking out as you may be able to retrofit it.. but seriously having used them before I would go with the dual-speed manual version ( the zs80 add on from ian king works great)

Archived