NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Barnard Loop etc. (first attempts)

laser_jock99

The skies finaly cleared this weekend in Powys allowing me to try out some widefield, deepsky astrophotography for the first time in months. Once I get the EQ6 permanently sited and properly polar aligned I'll try for some longer exposures and maybe use some filters to reduce 'star bloat'.

A shot of Barnard Loop in Orion from my garden.

Composite of five 60 second photos, stacked in Registax and edited in Paintshop Pro. Lens was a Nikon ED80-200 zoom @ f2.8 . Camera Fuji IS Pro @ ISO 800 mounted on an EQ6 drive.

barnard_005.jpg

barnard_004.jpg

Rosette Nebula Composite of 5 60 second photos, stacked in Registax and edited in Paintshop Pro. Lens was a Nikon ED180 @ f2.8 . Camera Fuji IS Pro @ ISO 800 mounted on an EQ6 drive

rossette_001.jpg

'Bubble' nebula in Orion (don't know the proper name). Composite of five 60 second photos, stacked in Registax and edited in Paintshop Pro. Lens was a Nikon ED80-200 zoom @ f2.8 . Camera Fuji IS Pro @ ISO 800 mounted on an EQ6 drive

bubble_04.jpg

Great nebula in Orion. Composite of 10 30 second photos, stacked in Registax and edited in Paintshop Pro. Lens was a Nikon ED400 @ f5.6. Camera Fuji IS Pro @ ISO 800 mounted on an EQ6 drive

m42_002.jpg

Archived