NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC 2841

mdstuart

Good morning

Here is an image I shot of NGC 2841 using the global rent a scope telescopes in New Mexico. Its a 300 sec luminance preview jpeg.

I now plan to stack and process the three 300 sec lums and the RGB 180 sec exposures to see what I come up with. I will use IRIS and GIMP!:D

Mark

post-14100-133877507918_thumb.jpg

Not bad Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing the LRGB version.

If you are finding Iris hard work, I suggest you have a talk with Simon next time you see him at BAS, he uses Iris to process the data from the Faulkes telescope, and has had some nice results.

Updated image processed by astrokat!:D

NGC 2841 is a very delicate spiral galaxy with tightly wound arms. This galaxy is estimated to be 130,000 light years across (the Milky way is 100,000) and around 31 million light years away. Even in this relatively deep exposure the colors are rather muted due to the faintness of the galaxy. This galaxy has also had a history of supernovae explosions within it.

Enjoy!

Needs more data...

post-14100-133877508688_thumb.jpg

Archived