NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus 19th Nov repro.....

Kokatha man

.....whiling away the time with no skies and did a ninoxing and repro of the Venus I posted recently: I think it came out a bit better so I've re-posted it here (downsized to 85% of original scale - taken at about 20-odd degrees of elevation under poor conditions, so I'm fairly happy with this 2nd processing.....:))

post-16205-133877505875_thumb.jpg

although evincing nothing per se

Interesting ... if I drag the "colour" image up & down using the scroll bar, I can convince myself that the unlit part of the disk is there - if I download the image & pull the gamma way up, I can see very clearly that it isn't. Just shows how your eye (or mine, at any rate) can be deceived. And, for me, the illusion doesn't work with the mono image at the top of the thread.

Very Nice, what ait was this Darryl ?

20 to 25 degrees Neil.....it was a boiling mass of light that was distorting wildly most of the time - it took quite a bit of trawling through the avi's to find acceptable reference frames: I ran the avi's at 85, 71 & 80fps for the ir, r & W47 channels respectively.....

Ok, amazing you got such a tight result. think the flea showing its frame rate power clearly under those conditions. One last thing what do you think is the best IR filter for this ive only got red filters here. i have a w47 but only astronomik type 2 luminence not sure if that would stop the IR leak

Great result again

Ok, amazing you got such a tight result. think the flea showing its frame rate power clearly under those conditions. One last thing what do you think is the best IR filter for this ive only got red filters here. i have a w47 but only astronomik type 2 luminence not sure if that would stop the IR leak

Great result again

Hi Neil, here's a link to a CN page where there's a bit of a discussion on Venus and filters (and also a link to a summary of filters & features on Venus.....)

I bought the 742nM for Mars imaging earlier this year and I understand it is a good match for the C11's light throughput.....I'm completely unqualified to comment on various filters and their merits as it's a subject I'm only dipping my toes into.....although I wish to learn more and do some imaging with the appropriate filters!

http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2864631/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/all/vc/1

Archived