Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

cheap 6 inch dob

Daniel-K

i just picked one of these up on ebay (second chance offer) for £34 seems a good scope build quailty metal tube little plasticy on the caps but stirdy on the base havent had first light yet (its really cold outside an not feeling well) but it seems ok

i was advised though that unless it can be mounted onto a rifle dont buy it.... but i cant no that till i try mine hopefully i will in next few days and i'll report back!

well i just tried my 8" bushnell (identical apart from 2 inch difference) and it gave amazing sights, my 25mm lens for my other telescope was actually closer than my 9mm in the other scope could make out bands around jupitor and 3 of its moons clearly.

the focuser is a little tempermental and if you accidently nudge it it does vibarate a little similar to holding large binos

personally i think its a really nice scope but others on the forum might be able to help you a bit on the rest

good luck!

gareth

Archived