NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

2nd moon image

RikM

Here is my second attempt at photographing the moon. Canon 300D at prime focus on SW Explorer 150P + EQ3-2. Single frame 1/1000 s at ISO800 shooting in RAW. I haven't really done much to it, just pushed up the 'clarity' slider in the RAW control box.

I'm hoping Santa will bring me a Skymax 127 and a webcam for Christmas so I can have go with that, but for now I am reasonably happy with this result.

Rik

post-18573-133877505246_thumb.jpg

Does everyone usually use a filter when capturing the moon?

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm assuming you mean a neutral density filter to reduce the brightness? If so, I'd say no, a bright image is generally beneficial if using a DSLR since this allows shorter exposures and/or lower ISO to reduce noise. I presume the same is true for web cam imaging, although I'm still to dip my toe into the wonders of web cam's.

Kev

Hi Scott,

I'm assuming you mean a neutral density filter to reduce the brightness? If so, I'd say no, a bright image is generally beneficial if using a DSLR since this allows shorter exposures and/or lower ISO to reduce noise. I presume the same is true for web cam imaging, although I'm still to dip my toe into the wonders of web cam's.

Kev

I think thats what I meant :) Still very new to all of this lol. Cheers for the reply though mate, time to read up on filters..............:D

Archived