NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A few more redo's

Les Tilly

well I liked the way the new processing is working out so I ran a few more of my images the same way I did the Heart Nebula

I think the big plus was running them in Registar saves time and I think has a better result than me doing it in Photoshop

Thanks to TJ for letting me know registar will do that

Les

post-15556-133877504612_thumb.jpg

post-15556-133877504618_thumb.jpg

post-15556-133877504626_thumb.jpg

I agree with jnp's comments. :)

I'm not an imager so I maybe talking out of turn here but if you want to add a bit of 'depth' you might like to try lightening,saturating and sharpening the ring and core elements........... Oh,and from an entirely personal view point I think it looks 'better' flipped vertically. :D

post-13495-133877505103_thumb.jpg

Crikey CW, what have you done :);)

Seriously though CW , there is a technique for adding depth to an image that is explained by Ken Crawford on is website, and it utilises varying sharpening levels according to the prominence of the feature. It's subtle, but make a big difference.

Tutorials - Presentations - Ken Crawford

Glad it's worked out for you Les, saves no end of time doesn't it :D

Again, I really like the colours you've achieved on these.

Tim

Yep.Thats basically what I do.

The Midtone Contrast sliders in the Shadow/Highlights tool works well on nebulae,then of course,I go and over do the brightness and saturation but thats just me.......... as the man says "Blend to taste".

What does subtle mean again?

Archived