NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Woo Hoo! I finally took delievery of my Equinox 120

astroimpulse

:D

First off I'd like to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to simon84 for patiently allowing me to settle the balance over 20+ days. I've also gained a friend there so this is all the sweeter :)

Technically this is my first scope! I say technically because I had the 150PDS and EQ3-2 combo for a day. I didn't think the combo was stable enough for me so when I returned it I decided to jump right in at the deep end and get the kit I wanted now!

So now I have a gorgeous Equinox 120 sitting pretty on the NEQ6 ;)

All I need now is a few things and I'm away with the stars.

The plan is to build an imaging set-up and everything is heading in the right direction.

Sorry about the vague pic. The light is bad and the camera I have is the missus' compact :(

Clear skies.....

post-21451-13387750455_thumb.jpg

:) BV. Simon was kind enough not to pack the normal cloud cover inside but, unfortunately, all the new scope buying around here lately had already filled the skies :D

Harry: Will do :( Once I start I'll be using Pixinsight thanks to your vids. So technically I'll probably have to dedicate the first pic to you seeing as it was once yours :p She told me she doesn't miss you though. She's still miffed that you replaced her! ;)

Hi

Yes I got attracted by a bit of glossy carbon fibre leg and the grass was not greener , so say sorry to her for me, I was a silly boy and miss her greatly :D

Harry

:) BV. Simon was kind enough not to pack the normal cloud cover inside but, unfortunately, all the new scope buying around here lately had already filled the skies :(

Harry: Will do :p Once I start I'll be using Pixinsight thanks to your vids. So technically I'll probably have to dedicate the first pic to you seeing as it was once yours :hello2: She told me she doesn't miss you though. She's still miffed that you replaced her! ;)

Dont worry though Harry, from the conversations I've been having with Sy he is very much in love with the scope already. It was a sad day when I had to give into my back and admit I couldnt use it anymore but he is very enthusiastic about using it.

Ant: Great review of the 120 on the HAS site.

It's actually one of the many reviews I swotted up on when deciding if it was the right scope for me. In fact, it's one of the best and very well written. Great to read. Your 120 blog was also a good read.

So *thumbs up* and thanks :)

Archived