Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Diagonal for ED80

philming

Hi all !

For the time being, I'm using a SW Black Diamond Mak 127 mm, with a Baader T2 Maxbright diagonal. I'm mostly using a Maxbright bino on it.

I'm fgoing to go for an ED80 (Evostar or equinox, do,nt know for sure right now). This comes with a 2" output.

So the question is rather simple : Is there any gain to expect from buying a 2" diagional, or the T2 one will be just fine?

The idea will be in any case to keep on using my Maxbright bino on the ED80...

Thanx for your input !

I've not used the Maxbright, but aren't there a optional 2" adapter for your Maxbright?

Baader Accessories

There probably isn't much to gain, getting another 2" diagonal over your existing one with the optional 2" module. The Baader has Astro-physics mirror, guaranteed to 1/10th wave, 98.5% reflectivity..... That's a very tough spec to beat.

Wezll yes, Baader does a 2">T2 adapter. The idea is either to stick with my own diagonal (T2 maxbright) and to put the adpter between the ED80 and the diagonal, or if there was a significant gain in switching to a 2" diagonal, to have the adapter between the 2" diagonal and the Maxbright bino.

2" in metric system is 50,8mm. T2 is 48mm afaik. So I guess i'd rather stick to my own T2 diagonal right?

Archived