Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon failed shots

SkyExplorer

I was imaging M33 Monday night and my 450d reported the battery door may be open after about an hour outside (temp about 0 degree c) and refused to continue, I had to turn the camera off and back on again and it seemed okay after this.

Could this be because of the cold? Should I get the ACK-E5 main adapter for it??

Ta

Steve

DC adaptor is definitely the way to go... used them down to -10C and below...

My experiences with various canon camera over the years has shown that as the temperature drops the camera seem to need an additional 0.1 or 0.2V to keep it happily shooting away...

I use adjustable ones that i make myself and set them up for 2 bars on the battery indicator...

Billy...

DC adaptor is definitely the way to go... used them down to -10C and below...

My experiences with various canon camera over the years has shown that as the temperature drops the camera seem to need an additional 0.1 or 0.2V to keep it happily shooting away...

I use adjustable ones that i make myself and set them up for 2 bars on the battery indicator...

Billy...

Great, the ACK-E5 is on the Christmas list then :)

Be interested to know what you mean by this and how this works.

Ta

Steve

The homebrew one uses an adjustable volatge regulator (LM317) setup to give an output range adjustable between 7.0 and 8.4V. Cheap batteries are stripped to make dummy batteries to connect the DC supply...

There are plenty of circuits on the web and calculator apps for working out the resistor values...

Archived