Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Diy slr. mount

Martin Whitaker

Hi Astrokev,yes I have an Orion steady pix slr camera mount that I can use the camera screw from.

I have borrowed a Practica film slr till the new year and hope to experiment with it.

I suppose I should realy make a bracket from alloy for the weight and durability aspects, might visit my engineering dept at the College where I work.

I also have a Fuji finepix s5000 and a Nikon coolpix .

Also 2 Phillips web cams, but as yet no laptop.

Had a Meade 10 inch s. newt for 7 years now but not realy got it to work very well (go to)

So I have recently had permission of SWMBO to buy a cpc 800.

Any how the imaging thing is all new to me but I wish to have a go, we have dark skys here in Cumbria and if I drive 10 mins out of my village the skys are dark and I have a clear horizon in all directions.

Cheers.

Martin.

I was going to get a CPC900 to start astro-imaging. After asking a lot of questions here and elsewhere, I decided against it and got a solid equatorial mount with a fast refractor instead.

If you stick with the CPC for imaging, make sure you budget for the wedge that you will need, and find out how easy it is to set up alone, in the dark.

Just had a look around Focus diy in kendal, and bought a 100mm 'T' hinge and called in to my local independent garage where they welded it at 90 degrees.

All I have to do now is put a nother 90 degree bend on the thin end and will be about there.

Not sure how to load pics. or in fact put my list of scopes on with my avatar.

Cheers.

Archived