Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Canon 350d or 500d

Thanks everyone loads of advice there may have to rethink this one as i didn't know you could hook the 500d through the laptop and see live view on it. What sort of software would i need to do this?

Cheers

Mick

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PS would i be better off with the 500d or the 1000d as the latter is cheaper to be quite honest although i can stretch to the 500 if the 1000 is just as good i may as well just go for that.

Is there that much difference other than the amount of pixels?

I've got a modified Canon 1000d and it's a brilliant camera for astro work the money. I wouldn't spend the extra on a 500d as I'm not really sure you'd see any real benefit if astro work is all that it would be used for.

I use AstroPhotograpyTool written by SGL member Yoddha (see this thread HERE) which is software to control your Canon DSLR. Very well written piece of software and the help and backup that Yoddha provides is excellent.

Archived