Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Nebulosity and dslr settings

Hi guys,

Been using Nebulosity to help with framing, focus and capture. Getting the hang if it but, when it is connected to my 1000d the camera can no longer be controlled using the canon EOS utility and the direct camera controls are non-responsive. I don't see how Nebulosity let's you changes the camera settings like White balance, saturation etc?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've done a lot of development using the Canon SDK myself and I can tell your that only one software (including the EOS Utility) can connect to any given camera at one time. Nebulosity uses the Canon SDK to connect to your camera and so does the EOS Utility software.

I had the same process and tools you're currently using and I ended up developing my own software for acquisition and for frame/focus.

Any software that connects to your camera using the Canon SDK has access to change most of any camera settings as you would using the internal camera software via the menu options.

However, I have not seen anything in Nebulosity changing white balance, saturation, and what not. Other than the obvious ISO speed I mean.

Guylain Rochon

You will find that a lot of the buttons on the camera get locked out when the camera is connected via usb to a pc. Make the changes to the basic settings like white balance, NR off etc with the usb lead disconnected. Also if you are shooting in raw then changing things like saturation etc are not necessary because they do not affect the raw output. An altermative would be to disconnect nebulosity and then connect the EOS utility to make the camera setting changes and then reconnect nebulosity

Hi Ivan,

I use Nebulosity for frame and focus and fine focus with my DSLR. You cannot have EOS and Nebulosity going at the same time, but there is no need to. I do the following sequence;

> Connect camera to laptop and switch on.

> Open up EOS to set destination folder. Then switch it off.

> Open Nebulosity, use Frame and Focus, then Fine Focus, then find my actual target and do final Frame and Focus.

> Close Nebulosity and Open EOS.

> I then use Delphinius to take a sequence of long exposures...but you could use DSLRShutter or even just a hand controller....whatever way you time your exposures. And they just download to the Destination Folder and get viewed as they come in using Zoombrowser.

Hopefully that works for you.

Cheers

Simon

Archived