NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rumble with the Bubble Toil and Trouble!

SlipperySquid

HI all again!

Well had a cracking clear night on Wednesday and thought I would set up nice and early to get some good imaging time in and try out EQMOD with my new planetarium software! (Starry Night pro 6 plus)

Well after 3 hours of trying to get it to synch with my mount (not the softwares fault may I add...user error all the way cheesy.gif) I managed to get fantastic goto accuracy and commenced slewing around the night sky like a kid at Christmas.

Anyway after a few test shots at different targets I finally thought I'd give the bubble another go and this is what I came out with!

My problem is that there is so much to image and I don't have as much time as I would like to image them what with work and the weather I try and cram 2 or 3 different targets in over the short period. Not the best situation I know.

So what I managed on the Bubble Nebula is 12 subs consisting of 4 and 5 minute exposures at ISO 800 totalling just over an hours worth. Guiding was good except for a few gusts that gave me a bit of wobble on the graphs but I'm quite happy with the final result.

As normal using:

Nikon D60

HEQ 5

Skywatcher 200P

Orion Starshoot autoguider with modified Finderscope

With the new addition of EQMOD and StarryNight planetarium.Which works fine with Windows 7 32bit!

Hope you like it.

post-17960-133877501575_thumb.jpg

Archived