Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CCD meade DSI not workin :(

garethmob

hey guys. as you no in my other thread i got a meade dsi got the v1 of nebulaisty but i cant seem to get any coherient images. im just trying to get it to work in my room (just test make sure i know what to do outside instead of wastein time (as it rains alot like tonight :eek: in wales) but in nebulastrity all i get is images with dots in them i assume pixles usually redish ones in the meade autostar envisage in drizzle (what nebulosity shows all time what ever setting) i get well drizzle when i move it to terestial viewing i just get blurs it dosent seem to focus am i doing somthing wrong or is my dsi just dead ?

thanks for any advice guys

gareth

i may have gotten it working... in meades envisgn program

is there anything wrong with these taken in low light (60w bulbs) and then high light 12 short tube florrys (office lighting)

the pictures are of a wooden model i had made from drawings i had done reflected in a mirror

post-21834-133877498531_thumb.jpg

post-21834-133877498536_thumb.jpg

Gareth,

It might be worth investigating a bahtinov focusing mask for when you do your astro work, these make focussing very easy indeed. These maks fit over the front of the telescope while focussing, they can be bought from most astro shops, or you can easily make your own:

astrojargon - Bahtinov Focusing Mask Generator: Version 0.4

Looks like you have the camera working anyway, just got to get out and give it a try now :eek: The envisage software is relatively easy to use, but can be a bit strange at times IMO.

Steve..

Archived