Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Image processing help for newbies ?

Before i go on to make my suggestion below i would like to make it clear that im not suggesting people give up their master pieces that they've slaved over for 100's of hours.

So as someone new to all this and like by newbie's the learning curve is very steep and very long, i feel this most probably leads to many giving up.

Of course learning from your mistakes is a very important part of any new endeavour you might take on, but when the weather makes it impossible to image and the data you might already have might be to little or just poor in quality then you most probably find your self kicking your heels a lot.

This might have been suggested before and thought of as inappropriate but would people be open to the idea of posting some Tiff files etc for others to practise processing on? Maybe with the finished image to compare.

J

Hi,

This is something we have talked about for the forum for some time, just a case of getting it organised.

You are welcome to any of my data, go through my albums if you like and choose the picture(s) you would like to practice on. I'll find somewhere to upload it when I get a chance.

Cheers

My albums

No problem, I will upload it somewhere when I next go up to the obsy, I dont have the data on my laptop. That is just Ha and O3.

I have a load of data from a OSC too if that would be an easier place to start than combining data from different filters :eek:

Archived