Meade 4000 8.8mm UWA

Hi all,

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Meade UWA?

Meade 8.8mm Series 4000 UWA eyepiece with 80° field: 90£    http://www.astronomy-uk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1788

I've been a after a decent medium to high power eyepiece for ages but it needed to be the right focal length to be useful in the C8. This 8.8mm will give 222x, which should be perfect for most nights, thus hopefully getting loads of use. Could barlow it for 444x on exceptional nights.

Only reservation here is as everyone has probably guessed, i really do not like the standard Meade 4000 Super Plossl. I have used a 22mm UWA before but that was 2 years ago and all i can remember is a TeleVue Panoptic is better. But i did like the UWA! And definitely tempted by this one.

Russ

Does anyone have any thoughts on this Meade UWA?

Meade 8.8mm Series 4000 UWA eyepiece with 80° field: 90£   

I have not tried that one Russ but it is generally regarded as one of the best of its type.  In fact, please let me know if you choose not to buy it as I probably will; at £90 ... its a steal!

Steve :)

Steve, I won't need to wait until tomorrow to decide. Just checked on Ebay and i'm still winning on a couple of items. They are stupid bids and i almost certainly won't win but i daren't take the chance.

SO GO FOR IT!!!!

He has two for sale - 4.7mm (£75) and the 8.8mm (£90).

Let us know how you get on?

Russ

Archived