NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC5907 and friends

NickH

Full Moon and thin cloud killed my original plan of 20 minute subs to see if I could get the "interesting stuff" around 5907 itself, (another day!), but here she is

Atik 4000CCD

TMB105 F6.2

EQ6/EQ MOD

CLS 15 x 300s

HA 15 x 300s

OIII 10 x 300s (clouds killed the last bit)

post-14410-133877496992_thumb.jpg

I am aiming at 20 minute subs with the Atik 314L /possibly binned 2x2 to get it...we'll see

I was thinking 10 mins at least in dark skies so no LP filter. It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

Tony..

I think you'll struggle to get it with those filters Nick, be interesting to see though.

How do you get on using OIII in full moon? I gave up trying as it just washes out the detail, there appears to be some crossover with permitted wavelengths and moonlight.

CLS I think will be okay for the outer bands with the 314L in 20 min subs binned 2x2..

OIII full moon, not great to be honest, HA even appears more "bitty".. but OIII has been a godsend with the comet obs and the Moon, as the comet really is lighting up in that band

Still awaiting the EFW2 :-), then I can put all the filters into one wheel and be done with it!

Archived