Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What do I need?

matteboy

Hopefully at the end of the month I'll have some spare cash (about £30) I'm hoping to buy an adapter to connect my Canon 300D to my 'scope to take some pictures of the moon, I've figured that I'll need one of these T-adapters but can't see how I'll attach that to my EP holder, can some tell me what I need please? As I've read a few threads about this suggesting I may also need some kind of extender tube to make sure I'll be able to get the moon in focus? Any help muchly appreciated:hello2:

Is this the one?

"1.25" T mount camera adapter"

"T-Mount SLR and CCD Camera adapter to fit 1.25" (or 2" with an adapter) eyepiece holders"

As I now feel rather stupid, as this was on the same page I was looking at the T-adaper, does that bit thread into the T-adapter like my moon filter fits my EPs?

Yup - that looks like the one. The T-thread end will fit your T-Camera ring and with luck it'll have a filter thread in the end that goes into the focuser tube. There's a few more on subsequent pages to look at - but if you ain't sure - just phone FLO before you order to confirm it'll all go together :)

hi matteboy, have you ever thought of digiscoping (using a digital camera via an eyepiece mount) the shots are afocal but well worth the time. here is one of mine taken through a samsung nv4 8mp digitaln camera with a 25mm e/p on a 127mm skywatcher scope. (as in my avi pic)

astropete-albums-moon-picture5090-12745384691019-1.jpg

Archived