Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Long Exposure settings for SPC900NC??

Hi to all, :)

Help required please....

I have recently done the SC1 mod for one of my SPC900NC webcams but I need help on long exposure settings for Deep Sky captures.

I have been using Sharpcap and a unmodded SPC900NC for lunar and planetary images with great results.:(

As Sharpcap does not seem to have long exposure settings I have turned to Astrocapture for DS imaging.

I have wasted a lot of time trying to capture M13,without success:(

Can anyone help me the basic settings to get me started??:)

Wayne

You need a different capture software as SharpCap doesn't support LX.

The best one is..... something I can't recall the name of but it begins with a W! On the mobile so can't check at the mo.

wxAstroCapture. Great program. :)

I've had a play with my SC1 modded webcam and wxAstroCapture, (had an LX signal problem but a kind forum member helped me out) but haven't tried any proper targets.

wxAstroCapture. Great program. :)

I've had a play with my SC1 modded webcam and wxAstroCapture, (had an LX signal problem but a kind forum member helped me out) but haven't tried any proper targets.

Had a go at M57 tonight, still no joy....:)

How did you know you had a LX signal problem?? :)

Was your parallel port not set up correctly?? :(

Wayne

Had a go at M57 tonight, still no joy....:)

How did you know you had a LX signal problem?? :)

Was your parallel port not set up correctly?? :(

Wayne

With the help of another forum member, we located the problem. It was stupid really, I forgot to cut off two pins on the camera plug board...:) It was my second attempt at the SC1 mod (the first I stamped on with my DMs, as it wasn't going very well AT ALL!! :()

The camera initially worked as the default webcam - but when switched to LX, there was no visible difference of the image brightening at intervals. Using wxAstrocapture, I tested this at 5fps.

When the camera was eventually correctly completed, the LX switch enabled the resulting image to brighten at intervals.

I will stick at doing planets at the moment, but there's a possiblity I will be acquiring an EQ mount at some time in the future.

You can always test by putting the camera in a shoe box with some print (newspaper, book etc) at the other end. Cover well to exclude light leaks and then focus until you can read the print clearly.

Archived