Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Double Cluster Unguided - My first "Proper" DSO Picture:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:):D:D

I intend taking some 1min subs + darks tonight of the DC. The original image was with 2min subs + darks. Can I simply stack both sets together in DSS or do I make a stack of 1min + a stack of 2min and then stack the "stacks" - if you see what I mean? ). I think DSS will stack everything automatically, but I'm not sure!!)

What you can do is either stack all your exposures in one group or seperate them into different groups eg. you have one group of flats, darks, bias & lights in group 1 & the 2nd nights worth of data can be added to group 2.

Nadeem.

That's come out very nicely. If you're using sets of calibration frames that match sets of lights, you should use groups to ensure you calibrate only the correct images... even more so when you're using flats. I've never worried about keeping the scope pointing at the same point doing flats, I can't get the laptop that high so swing the scope to horizontal..

So! I've taken a few more pics BUT I'm having a devil of a job processing them! I reckon I'm at the point of total confusion!

I KNOW I need to take flats but I havn't so there are awful gradients across the image! In trying to get rid of them I seem to have made things worse rather than better. A rather dodgy "gaussian Blur" layer designed to remove the gradient has left some "holes" around the clusters! Anyway, I've stopped now for a rest.

41 subs and 24 darks at 60secs stacked in DSS ISO800 some playing in CS5 but not the result I wanted!! Eventually I want to combine these with the 120sec subs I took the other night (higher up this thread)

Any ideas!

post-17157-13387749741_thumb.jpg

Start all over again! - Only this time following the tutorial closely and not allowing myself to get caried away! Somewhat better, I think? Any comments.

These are a reprocess of the 1 min subs as above.

Can anyone tell me how I could combine these with the image from the 2 min subs please?

post-17157-133877497445_thumb.jpg

Archived