Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Celestron 8SE goto

Interesting find today, decided to look through a scope for a change so dusted off the 8SE for a look-see, just about rememberd how to set it up and align, but have an interesting problem.

Sent it off to jupiter and found it no problem, putting it in the FOV of a 25mm EP first go. Sent it off to Uranus, again no problem. Double cluster - No problem.

The Moon - Way out!!:) The moon is South East at the moment the scope thinks its in the South!

Everything else seems fine and while the moon is not exactly hard to find it just seems a bit odd.

The moon is highly dependent on getting date/time/location entered accurately, because of its rapid motion. Stars and slow-moving objects you can get away with being 'close' (e.g. time to the nearest minute). That would be my guess, without further information.

HTH

Ahh that'll be it then, but like I said its not a problem....its not to hard to find the moon :)

Ahh that'll be it then, but like I said its not a problem....its not to hard to find the moon :)

Just a thought (and I'm not trying to be patronizing) ... if you use the skyalign system and are not overly accurate with entering location/date/time, don't try to use the moon as one of your alignment objects ... that will produce some really weird results (if it will align at all)

Archived