Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter from the 16th

legion48

How do you describe a cloudless sky that is, despite being clear, sort of murky?

Anyway, that's how it was, indeed is, round here tonight. Jupiter was my target tonight and the plan was to capture a transit in a "timelapse" fashion as some here have been doing to great effect recently, with the added bonus of the GRS being on veiw at about 9ish.

Unfortunately, the seeing just wasn't good enough. Even with 100% gain and about 5 fps, the image was very dim. This lead to a heavy hand on the wavelets resulting a a bit of a dim, noisy image.

Never mind, I'm indoors now being comforted by a bottle of Morgans Spiced! An early birthday present that I wasn't supposed to open till tomorrow. :D

Here's the best of the few avi's that I managed to get tonight.

jup2.jpg

Decent effort there, its possible the conditions u mention were due to Jupiter being fairly low altitude at time u captured ?

Theres much more murk at lower altititude, what time was this taken and what alt was jupiter at ?

I was getting yellow green colour on my captures when i used astrocapture, image looked fine on laptop but was overgreen on playback, i have switched to craterlet which is working better for me.

Nice u captured GRS, and Jnr just visible too, along with shadow,

plus some other nice details showing too, well done.

I ran ur pic through auto rgb a few times hope u dont mind,

when u stack frames in registax make sure u use auto rgb tab, even if ur capture is over on a colour it should sort it out with auto rgb, hope this helps.

regards James

post-16858-133877492982_thumb.jpg

How do you describe a cloudless sky that is, despite being clear, sort of murky?

Foggy, misty or hazy. Far better for planetary work than "boiling" seeing or drifting clous which make it hard to set the exposure ... Anyway you've captured the details nicely!

Archived