Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Upside down and back to front!

I'm trying to figure out if the image in my scope is upside down or back to front, or both, with no erecting thingy just a star diagonal and the EP. The reason it's doing my head in is I was trying to line up my RDF and through the scope in daylight the birdbath I was looking at was upside down, however, looking at jupiter the other night I'm certain the band I could see was in the top half and the moons were back to front (compared to Stellarium). The band I thought, at the moment, was only in the north half in which case it's not upside down, see why it's doing my head in!!!:(

See Signture for scope details!

Ta in advance

Matt. With a refractor and a star diagonal your image is back to front but not upside down.

Some amateurs when they start out buy an Amici diagonal like this Diagonals - Celestron 1.25" 90 degree Erecting Prism

I still use after many years a right angle correct image finderscope which makes star hopping and cross referencing a star atlas much easier.

Mark

PS I should have said that without a diagonal of any sort the view through a refractor will be upside down.

Thanks Mark, one of them'll next on the list then! Thinking (Well, more hoping really) about getting an Skyliner 8" Dob, baby version of yours, am I right that the image in that will be upside down & back to front?

your correct matte the skywatcher image will be both upside down and back to front:p

agood raci finderscope such as the orion 9x50 raci will give you the image the correct way round/up in your finder

Archived