Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last Night with 20x70's

Toadeh

Great hour looking about last night, first time with the bigger binolulars, managed to:

• See the moons of jupiter - A lot clearer than with 10x50's
  • The dot that is Uranus (snigger) - Least I know its there, doesn't flicker like other stars so I assume its a planet
  • M31 - Impressed with this one, looked like a cloud at first, but didn't move, was well happy.
  • M45 - I was looking around with my eyes and found a bright cluster quite low, in the distance, grabbed the binoculars and what a sight this one is, well happy.

All in all, a good night looking. I want to have another look at M45, I think there is more detail than I saw on my quick look. But a good night :(

Sounds like a good session with the large bins. That sounds about right for Uranus. I showed the kids Uranus with the Startravel 80 and the only way we knew we had seen Uranus was it didn't twinkle and the colour. There was no disk though.

M45 and M31 are always most impressive with large bins. Worth finding Comet Hartley. It's not the brightest comet ever but it's well placed near another object that your 20x70's will love, the Double Cluster.

• 1 month later...

Archived