Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some questions about the SW200P

Hi everyone,

I am soon to upgrade my SW130 for a 200P Dobsonian, and I have a few questions:

1. Would I be able to use the 1.25" 2X Barlow I got with my SW130 with the eyepieces and focuser of this scope?

2. How do you track with a Dobsonian mount? Do you just push it, or does it have slow-motion cables?

3. Is it likely that I would be able to fit the SW130's red dot finder to this scope?

4. How much would I be able to sell my 130 for? I got it last Christmas (2009), and there is no damage, functional or superificial, and everything looks good. It has an EQ-2 mount and a simple motor drive, plus 10mm and 25mm eyepieces (I want to keep the Barlow if it fits the new scope) and a Baader solar filter.

5. Can you adjust the height of a Dobsonian mount?

Hi everyone,

I am soon to upgrade my SW130 for a 200P Dobsonian, and I have a few questions:

1. Would I be able to use the 1.25" 2X Barlow I got with my SW130 with the eyepieces and focuser of this scope?

2. How do you track with a Dobsonian mount? Do you just push it, or does it have slow-motion cables?

3. Is it likely that I would be able to fit the SW130's red dot finder to this scope?

4. How much would I be able to sell my 130 for? I got it last Christmas (2009), and there is no damage, functional or superificial, and everything looks good. It has an EQ-2 mount and a simple motor drive, plus 10mm and 25mm eyepieces (I want to keep the Barlow if it fits the new scope) and a Baader solar filter.

5. Can you adjust the height of a Dobsonian mount?

1. I think the eyepieces supplied with the 200P are the same as those that came with your 130. You will be able to use 1.25" & 2" eyepieces with your new telescope.

2. A standard non-autotracking / non- goto dobsonian mount is manual push to.

3. It will depend on the base of the RDF. If it has a standard vixen type dovetail you will be able to use it inplace of the finderscope.

4. I don't know.

5. The height of the mount is fixed by the design.

Peter

Archived