Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter: 29-30th September 2010

Paul G. Abel

Greetings All!

Here's a drawing I made of Jupiter on 29-30 September. As can be seen there is a lot of detail in the NEB (see the strip drawing bellow). The STB is quite fragmented, and a dark section in the SSTB is much in evidence on the fol. side of the GRS.

-Paul.

Jupiter_29-300910_PAbel.jpg

Superb drawings. The rifting detail you're getting in the NEB is awesome. To my eyes, it seems the rifting has become a more dominant feature as we have moved through this apparition.

Your ability to sketch so much detail in such a short time is superb too. I struggle to get the finer details pinned down with the speed of rotation.

Thanks everyone!

Chris: All my drawings are done with my water colour pencils. I scan them in from my Jupiter book (and normally have to increase the contrast a little). I wouldn't know how to make the drawing on the computer!

Darkersky: It's true these rifts are quite stunning aren't they?! I have to say that I think the one in the strip drawing is actually two which may be merging. It has taken me MANY years to master getting Jupiter's details down quickly- I can do it now in 11 minutes :-)

Hi John,

No, I have a 200mm Skywatcher Newtonian on an EQ5 mount. The mount sits on a custom made pier (by Epsilon) which is bolted to the concrete floor of the Observatory. The drive is powered and keeps good sidereal time.

My eyepiece selection is a mix. I have some standard Skywatcher eyepieces, a Meade 4mm eyepiece and a special 3.2mm WA planetary eyepiece which gives a power of 312x. I tend to use this for Mars and Saturn.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

No, I have a 200mm Skywatcher Newtonian on an EQ5 mount.

Checks avatar :)

My eyepiece selection is a mix. I have some standard Skywatcher eyepieces, a Meade 4mm eyepiece and a special 3.2mm WA planetary eyepiece which gives a power of 312x. I tend to use this for Mars and Saturn.

Best wishes,

-Paul.

Thanks for that :o

Cheers

Archived