NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew-Not Heater Band?

Hello,

Has anyone seen/used this particular brand of dew heaters from a well known auction site :o

They look the part and are a clear £10 cheaper than other brands.

Obviously if unsure i would be more inclined to order from a trusted supplier like our own forum sponsors, but my etx accessory bill is starting to get high haha.

I use Dew-Not bands for my objective and finderscope. I also have one on order for a binoviewer. I find them to be excellent in both build and performance. They are also supposed to be more efficient i.e. they draw less amps for the same result when compared to other brands however I can't comment on this. I order my dew-not stuff from modernastronomy.com and have always found them to be spot on.

AL

I have one for my Mak, and it works just fine. I bought it because I was on a budget and because it's low power you can run it direct to 12v without a pricey dew controller box. At the moment it's produced enough heat to keep my glass clear all night, not tried it over winter yet but we'll see. I guess it's like having a 'normal' dew heater on a dew controller that's been turned down, but a lot cheaper and without the flexability of being able to crank up the power if you need it..

My understanding of a Dew-Not band, and I could well be wrong, is that it is a 'normal' dew band but due to the materials used it is able to transfer heat more efficiently and therefore uses less power than other bands. I don't believe that it runs any cooler or is less able to remove dew when compared to an equivalent band made by a different manufacturer, it justs takes less power to do the same job. I use a dew controller with my bands as I like to be able to turn them down so they are just warm enough to remove the dew. If you are using a Dew-Not without a controller then I guess you are just running it full pelt.

AL

Archived