Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to raise height of my pier?

opticalpath

Hi. I currently have a reinforced concrete pier that supports my LX200 on a wedge. I'm upgrading to a better German mount but this will drop the height of the attached scope by about 16 inches compared to the LX200 on the wedge and I'm wondering what would be the best way to increase the height of the pier.

The pier is substantial and was cast in one piece, so can't really be removed/ replaced. It is topped by a thick (adjustable) aluminium plate. The new German mount has a cap base that would sit on top of a 120mm diameter pipe, or has an adapter that would enable it to be screwed to a flat plate.

I'd like to maintain the solidity of the current pier, but raise the height as described. Default, I suppose, will be to have a custom mini-pier made but I'd welcome members suggestions/ ideas.

Thanks

Adrian

Try your local steel fabricators - if you can draw what you want they should be able to make it. They will be far cheaper than a commercial product and you will get exactly the dimensions that you want - or you may need to adapt the adaptors!!

hi,

my name is paul. i have the that i made for my meade 2080.

post a picture of your pier. maybe you can have a extension made by a welder . i built this rotating cantilever pier because it thats too long to more and setup this 8" scope.i would make an adapter that would enable it to be bolted to a flat plate or onto the pier.

i live in north fort myers, florida

pescude

i need to make a rotating cantilever pier for shed - Astronomy Forums | Telescope Forums & Reviews | Astronomy Community

Archived