NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 11.40 pm Sep 29th 2010

gfletcher

I just tend to pick what seems to me the clearest frame ( no where near the final image quality).

It recommends that you pick a decent quality frame early on in the video.

I must admit that it is a bit "hit and miss".

Perhaps someone will reply later on what are the best methods to adopt.

Graham

That’s a very nice detailed image graham a big jump from your first image

As for the wavelets just a matter of keep playing with them as a rule i usually start off by moving 2 and 5 first then just some small tweaks on the others but those are the 2 that I move the most

After you have done your alignment do you create a reference frame before you optimise and stack etc

And also when you are at the wavelet stage dont forget to do the RGB align as it seems to erase the blueish tint you can get on outside of the disk

Kevin

Hi Graham

The way I do it is once I have picked the frame I am happy with I start the alignment process then when that is done click on limit to get rid of any frames that have not been chosen

Then when on the optimize I create the ref frame first which I may change to 100 if I have a large amount of frames once it has done that it takes you to the wavelet page then I may make a few small adjustments then click continue which takes me back to the optimize section which I then do then when finished stack the frames

Then you are back on the wavelet section where can make final adjustments and RGB align (click estimate) and also have a play with brightness and contrast until you are happy with it

Then click final where you can have a little play with the lightness and saturation

But I am also a beginner at this and would like to know from anyone if im not doing it correctly

Kevin

Archived