Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

winter draws on

rowan46

i've had a few bits of outdoor kit from aldi and some pretty big name kit as well and as far as i'm concerned with outdoor kit you get what you pay for. easy for me to justify a £300 down jacket though since my main hobby is climbing :icon_salut:

To anyone who hasn't got any warm gear yet who is planning to get out over winter, I would try to get some warm stuff if you can if all your bucks haven't gone on the astro gear!

I went through my first winter with loads of jumpers, multiple coats etc. which worked to some degree though I did look like and more importantly feel like the Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters. In hindsight it was not that comfy - though first winter was awesome to see the jewels in the sky :icon_salut:

I agree you don't have to spend a fortune, you can e.g. get a decent body warmer to go under your coat for under £20.

Archived