Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Widefield Project : Heart Nebula

Catanonia

Now I have managed to get the WO66 working with the camera, my target ranges have widened, excuse the pun.

This is the start of a mosiac I want to put together of the Heart and Soul Nebula area.

Full moon last night, so here is the first 3 hours of Ha in 10 minute subs.

Shot with the WO66 and QHY9, guided off axis with QHY5 / PHD and processed in CS5 / DSS.

Hope you like as a beginning.

IC 1805 Small.jpg

Full size is here http://extraview.dnsalias.com/temp/QHY9/IC 1805 Large.jpg 1805 Large.jpg

That's really good, tons of detail in there. It's a spot on target for your FOV

How many panes do you reckon you will need, just the two?

Thanks, unsure, this is cropped a little to remove the worst of the egg stars. I have a flattener from FLO on the way to correct this.

2 - 4 panes hopefully, want to add colour to it as well.

So tempted to get O and S narrowband filters...... Money, stop spending :)

Your best yet? The exposure is beautifully balanced with both bright and faint easy to see. Good signal, good focus... great image.

The colour is slow for this one but go for it!

Olly

Thanks Olly, without SGL and particuliar experts like you I would never have progressed so far. Hopefully will have the WO Flattener II from FLO soon to save me from having to crop, also faster F ration and biger FOV too :)

Even without the FF you may find that overlapping areas of a mosaic tend to cancel out some of the curvature effects of each so you can get away with keeping a bit more of the images as they overlap. Not the most 'correct' of solutions but needs must!

I think this will be a great image. How are you going to build the mosaic? Registar? The hard way? (I've never done that, I confess.)

Olly

PS I'm a long way from being an expert! The way I see it, we are all in this together. I'm constantly getting help and advice form all sides, thank goodness.

Archived