Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Billetparts.co.uk

irishbloke

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know about the service I got from Wayne Weedan at Billetparts. Billet Parts / Vintage & Classic Spares

I spied the screw on eyepeice end caps on the website and thought they could solve my problem. I have a older glatter laser collimator which can't take the apeture mask which the newer ones come with. I asked Wayne if he could drill a small hole in the centre of a 1 1/4" and a 2" cap for me to use. He also had to skimmed the outside edges so both would fit into the focuser.

2d2fy2s.jpg

Wayne was great. He is very helpful when it comes to making alterations like this and I'm very pleased with the work. Pleasure doing business with him.

Many thanks

Brian

• 1 year later...

Excellent service, price and quality, just bought an EQ6 pier adapter arrived quickly complete with azimuth post, stainless steel cap screws, nuts, washers and drilling template.

Billet Parts Home - Welcome to Billetparts.co.uk a Divison of FDOS Design

Wayne is very helpful, having seen a T2 adapter for the Meade DSI on USA web sites I asked if he could make one. Sent him my camera and a short time later he produced the Meade T2 adapter currently available from his site. I can now use filter wheels without the Meade filter slide.

A limited selection of astro adapters but a great company to deal with.

Steve

:icon_salut:

• 1 year later...

Excellent service from Wayne Weedon at this little known supplier of bespoke parts, including astronomy pieces.

I'm about to order an observatory and pier, but almost all pier suppliers ask you to use the alt/az bolt that comes supplied with the EQ6 tripod. I might want to use the tripod for star parties, so rather than keep removing it I sought an alternative solution. The easy option was just to use a bolt with a few nuts on, but for just a few pence more I could buy a new peg from Wayne.

I ordered online, paid with paypal and within 24 hours had an email saying it had been despatched - and I had received a small refund as the postage was cheaper than expected! Excellent service.

product_thumb.php?img=images%2Feq6_az_post_400.jpg&w=180&h=107

Archived