Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using Bins with one eye (New to all this)

Toadeh

as ive just leanr the correct way to focus them involves having to close one eye and use the diopter adjuster,

No, it doesn't; if you do that, your open eye is unlikely to be relaxed. It is much better to cap (objective end) the side that you are not focusing.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, its medically in the sense that when I get my eyes tested they can prove its happening. There is a test with a red line and a green line, 'normal' people see both, I see whichever depending on which eye I use.

Its not some strange rare condition, just a squint operation when I was younger which appears to have made me use one at a time.

sounds like you should have been an apache pilot, by the time they have finished their training their eyes move independently and they can read 2 books at the same time !!

No, it doesn't; if you do that, your open eye is unlikely to be relaxed. It is much better to cap (objective end) the side that you are not focusing.

Thanks, i was just following the instructions that came with my binoculars but your method sounds easier so i will do that!

sounds like you should have been an apache pilot, by the time they have finished their training their eyes move independently and they can read 2 books at the same time !!

Wings of the apache was an ace film :)

Archived