NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My homemade-looking 'observatory'

This has got to be the most basic-looking observatory in the UK. A tin shed with a cheap plywood roof (which isn't really fitted straight). The edges are decorated with bin liners to help plug the gaps that exist. :oops:

tardiss.jpg

And here is a more close up shot showing my 14-year old Celestron 11" SCT & in the suit cover lies my ST4 autoguider (recently repaired after a run of 13 years).

scope.jpg

Perhaps I should donate the lot to the local museam (excuse spelling). :)

Nice setup Andy, and good too see it's fixed after the last time i seen it. The observatory does the job so i wouldnt worry about how it looks..

Celestron 11" SCT is a lovely scope and well worth looking after i am glad you have serviced the scope.:)

Regards

James

Thanks for the comments James. I still think it looks a joke - but that appeals to my wacky sense of humour. Also it has stood the test of time since 1992 (though the roof got unhinged in 1993 because I hadn't secured it properly :oops: ). It doesn't matter if some rain gets it as I keep everything well covered - i.e. scope & ST4

Still a nice looking scope Andy. And sounds like the observatory has served you well. I know it all works well, I've seen the images that setup produces, they are stunning.

If you donated it to a museum (i have my own personal museum that would happily except that 11" Celestron) you could treat yourself to a 9ft Pulsar dome with a 14" CGE Celestron and robotic everything. And only a mere snip at £20K.

Regards

Russ

Archived