NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another NAn

MickD

Lots of people have been doing this so I thought I would have a go as well…. not too happy with the final result, had trouble getting the nebula too show through all the stars:(

It’s 13 x 10 min subs with a QHY8 & SkyWatcher ED80 pro. Guided with PhD on an EQ6 mount.

Stacked & pre-processed in Nebulosity then tweaked in Photoshop.

Maybe more subs would help?

Mick

post-18714-133877484233_thumb.jpg

Yes, I think it's good too. You are probably comparing it with images which include an Ha layer and that is where the nebula comes out from behind the stars, so to speak. You get a really strong Ha signal on this one.

Do you have Noel's Actions for Ps? His star reduction action is just the job for this target - and many others.

Olly

Thanks for the comments chaps – I’ve been playing with my Atik 16IC in Ha recently and have been impressed with the detail I’m getting – unfortunately its completely the wrong scale to use it to add Ha to this image.

Using my QHY8 OSC in Ha will be a complete waste of time I guess.

Oh well just need to add a big sensor mono camera & filters to my shopping list…..That’s what I like about this hobby – you never run out of things to spend vast amounts of money on :)

Mick

Archived